Made with Red Wing’s finest Featherstone Leather, the Beckman Boot offered the appearance of a premium dress shoe but with the strength comfort and reliability of a traditional work boot. A six inch style it features a firm rounded toe area, minimal detailing, good year welt and traditional 6" 7 eyelet construction in premium Featherstone dress leather.
- Black Cherry Featherstone leather
- Oil resistant Roccia Outsole with rubber traction
- Goodyear Welt Construction. Suitable for resoling
- 48" Taslan lace
- Made in USA
- Built on Red Wing's no.8 last.
- The Beckman Boot' rounded toe area assists with comfort in the forefoot an ensuring suitability to a broad range of foot types
- Most of our customers purchase 1/2 to one full size smaller than their normal size.
- The Beckman requires a little more patience breaking in due to it's more rigid sole unit and the initial stiffer nature of the polished featherstone leather
When purchasing a heritage style work boot it is important to get a snug fit. This will allow the boot to mould and adapt to your foot and prevent heel slippage. Just make sure you can still wiggle your toes though. After all comfort is what it's all about.
Featherstone is Red wing's highest grade polished leather. Smooth finished with a polished surface, it's beauty is further enhanced with the softening of the leather from wear. Only the most premium, top-quality hides are used to craft this high quality leather. The result is a beautiful. To maintain the polished look and feel of this smooth-finished leather a little more care and attention can be required, but for it is doubtlessly well worth the effort.
Show a little love to your Beckman's and they will repay you ten fold. Regular cleaning, and protecting will prolong the life of your shoe and keep the leather soft and well conditioned.
Dry brush to remove dirt and dust and the wipe clean with a damp cloth. If heavily soiled use Red Wing Leather Cleaner Once clean and dry, Red Wing Burgundy Boot cream , Red Wing Neutral Cream or Red Wing Mink Oil can help maintain the leather's smooth finish and conceal any scratches or marks. When done give them a good polish, they're worth it!
The Beckman is named after the Red Wing founder Charles Beckman. Mr. Beckman navigated the often muddy main street as part of his daily routine. He wore sturdy boots that could be polished to match his status as a successful Main Street shoe store merchant. Today the Beckman Collection consists of classically styled, comfortable boots that make them the perfect choice for nearly any occasion. Made with Red Wing's finest Featherstone Leather these boots are built to impress... and they do!