1976 501 . RigidRegular price $370.00
Born the year Punk broke the 1976 501 from Levis Vintage Clothing was a genuine slim fit featuring a button fly, straight top block, five pocket styling and a slight taper through the leg. Made originally from from hard wearing 12oz. Cone Mills selvedge denim, new production will be from Japanese Kaihara denim.
- 100% Cotton
- 12 oz *Kaihara Selvedge Denim or Cone Mills
- Button fly Closure
- Concealed rivets
- Two-Horse leather patch, Little "E" red tab and twin needle arcuate stitch
- Shrink to Fit. 5 -10% shrinkage
- Button Fly closure
- Straight top block
- Regular to lower rise. slight anti fit seat
- Slim Leg with 15.5" leg opening on size 32"
- Initially Hand or gentle machine wash inside out
- Preferably cold water to reduce shrinkage and preserve denim
- smooth jeans to reduce need for pressing
- line or air dry
- Liquid detergent or ensure powder detergent is dissolved
- Do not tumble dry. Do not wash in hot water
We recommended washing jeans inside out and wash in cold water and then line dry. The cold water wash can either be done by hand or in a front loading machine on a delicate cycle. It is worth noting that most top loading machines tend to spin the jeans too aggressively which can lead to streaks in the denim where the jeans rub against themselves. Regardless of the washing method, air drying is essential. Air drying helps the jeans retain the custom fit you obtain through months of wear when starting with rigid denim.
Warm water washing once a jean has been worn in is perfectly acceptable but avoid hot water or tumble drying with any denim products.
The 1976 501
A genuine slim fit 501 featuring a button fly, straight top block, five pocket styling and a slight taper through the leg. The 1976 501 jeans found itself at the centre of many transformative events. It was the year punk broke out, with the release of the debut album by the Ramones and the first single by Sex Pistols, " Anarchy in the UK" - a song title that suggested revolution was in the air. It also marked the U.S bicentennial, the 200th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Patriotic celebrations took place across the country, providing respite from the bleak Vietnam War years that had recently ended. As the ultimate icon America garment, the 501 jeans fit in perfectly