Mountain Pass . SmoresRegular price $670.00
Made in their Portland, Oregon, factory, the Mountain Pass was created to be a lighter weight and more versatile hiking boot that still reflects classic Danner styling. Built with light hikes and city streets in mind, the overall design is inspired by the original Mountain Light II with an updated construction method that integrates the shank, midsole and lasting board into a single piece. This new, unified platform, combined with a low profile Vibram outsole, allows for significant weight reduction and creates an out-of-the-box comfort that doesn't come standard with most classic hiking boots.
The Smores version comes with a white midsole and matt oiled finish with smart green laces ...at least we think they are smart!
Take a seat, prepare a mug of your favourite brew and delve deeper, there's a lot to take in...
- Full Grain Leather Upper. To ensure quality, Danner put their leather through six different tests before making a selection.
- Gore Tex. (GTX) 100% waterproof and breathable liners ensure that no water gets in, while allowing sweat and moisture to get out.
- Leather Lined Collar. Provides extra padding at the ankle for an easier break-in period.
- Removable Ortholite Footbed. Three layers of varying density are combined for maximum cushioning and support. The entire footbed is made of open-cell polyurethane for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
- Bi Fit Board. By combining the shank, lasting board, and midsole into a single unified piece that is moulded to match the shape and contours of their boots, Danner are able to reduce a significant amount of weight from the boot without sacrificing support.
- Vibram Kletterlift thin outsoles. Specifically designed for comfort and durability for everyday use, while reducing height and weight from the traditional Kletterlift outsole.
- Stitch down Construction. Handcrafted to provide a wider platform, Danner's legendary stitchdown construction offers increased stability underfoot.
- Made in USA, Portland Oregon.
- Dark Brown Colourway
- Fits true to Size
- Portland made 503 last. Provides a casual fit without compromising Danner's comfortable lace-to-toe construction.
- Weight 1.3kg per pair
- 5" height
- Keep them clean. in most cases a clean or damp cloth will do the trick. When serious dirt or grime sets in use we recommend Red Wing or Otter Wax product.
- The only other job you have is to not let them dry out. A seasonal or yearly hit depending on their use of Red Wing Natural leather conditioner or similar and then get back out there.